Wednesday, May 4, 2011

First blog post

Dear Internet,
                If you look below this paragraph you’ll see three pictures. The first is a picture of beer, which I am a huge fan of. The second is a picture of heart disease prevalence per state. I live in Alabama(the bright orange state in the southeast corner surrounded by other bright orange states). The aforementioned beer I love so much is eventually going to lead to obesity(I’m cool with that), but it may also lead to diabetes, heart disease, and other illnesses rampant in our country(I’m less cool with that). I have goals for the future, long term goals. I want to live a long life and do things. To name just a few: personally resurrect Mystery Science Theatre 3000, do minor jail time for punching Ann Coulter in the face, quit a job via musical number, run a marathon, and get a star trek tattoo. I really don’t want health problems to interfere with these things. This is where picture number 3 comes in. It is a photo of a staple legume in many countries. Lentils are less than a dollar a bag at walmart, contain several vitamins and all but 2 of the essential amino acids, have a high protein content, and take about 30 minutes to cook. Since they are low in calories and aren't really possible to deep-fry(... challenge accepted!) they are pretty health-conscious.





                I have been experimenting with lentils this past year. I have tried a lot of recipes and its been pretty hit or miss. However, I am determined to have lentils be one of my meals 365 days a year. This is a lofty goal and one I will most likely fail at, but if I come close that’s cool. I read several blogs about craft beer and whiskey, and since I drink a lot I’m thinking I’ll do some crappy reviews of beer. I did a quick search and did not find one beer review/health food blog. I think this blog will be one of dichotomy. A place where I balance my desire for a healthy lifestyle with my overindulgence of high calorie fermented beverages. A place where people can come together and comment on the duality of man and the inherent sense of self-destruction we all have against our own best interests. Either that or a place I post once and never update.

No comments:

Post a Comment