Monday, September 12, 2011

Lakefront Brewery Rendezvous Biere de Garde


Beer: Lakefront Brewery Rendezvous Biere de Garde
Aroma: Lots of light fruity esters. I think I’m getting some malt aroma coming from it, but its taking a backseat to the ester that I love so much. There is a candied fruit smell that mixes well with some light citrus notes.

Taste: A really deep malty flavor comes out. The first thing I get is caramel sweetness. Then comes a tart, cidery, boozy, flavor that is sharp and hot. The beer’s ABV  really seems higher than 7.2%, but I love the flavor. The malty and “cider”ey flavor pair really well together and with the ester flavors coming out, it’s a good beer.

Mouthfeel: Has some really good body, but easy to drink.

Worth a try?: It’s a really good beer. The only real problem it has is it’s a little on the hot side for a 7.2% beer. Other than that though, its everything you would expect from a good Biere de Garde.

No comments:

Post a Comment