Thursday, May 19, 2011

Great Divide Hercules DIPA and a lentil burger

So after leaving the family and my wife behind(just for a week) I came back home with the dogs to spend a week as a bachelor. Before I got married I did fun shit, I got drunk and pissed on things that weren't mine. My actions werent a reflection on someone stupid enough to marry me, they were merely a reflection of what I thought was funny and doable. So I was looking forward to rehashing the old days. I started by making up a batch of lentil burgers. This may seem pretty domestic, but my wife does not like onions... so I put a ton of onions in the lentil burgers(that's right motherfuckers, you wish you were as rebellious and spirited as me). As with anyone who gets older and domesticated, I am not even really sure how to rebel anymore, or what to rebel to. I guess I'll just have to drink way a couple too many hercules double IPAs and drink some orange juice straight out of the goddamn carton(woot woot).
Beer: Great Divide Hercules Double IPA
                                             My weimaraner disapproves of my rebellious angst


Aroma: Huge frickin aroma. A ton of both citrus and piney hops. It hits the nose hard with this sort of candied citrus smell.
Taste: Starts off as a hop bomb but finishes with a strong malt backbone. The alcohol flavor is moderate, but really drinkable for a 10% ABV beer.
Mouthfeel: Thick 
Worth a try?: It is quickly becoming my favorite IPA, leaving DFH 90 minute IPA at a close second. So hell yes its worth a try.


Lentils: Lentil, onion, and carrot burgers with Zucchini and Portobello Mushrooms
 Taste: On a scale of 1-10 it was a 6.5. The onions made it a little better than it would have been. The lentils have thyme, salt, and chipotle powder in them. I don't ever put recipes on this blog, maybe I should? Does it matter? I mean, if I were to make a venn diagram of people who read this blog and people who likes lentils, one of the circles would be my wife and I and the other circle would be a bunch of people in Inida, so I don't think they intersect enough to post recipes.

No comments:

Post a Comment