Monday, October 3, 2011

Highland Oatmeal Porter


Beer: Highland Oatmeal Porter
Aroma: Not a ton of aroma, especially when cold. When it warms up I get just a little bit of roast and that’s it.

Taste: Got more going on in the taste department than in aroma. Some nice roast flavor, but it isn’t biting or strong. The taste is really smooth and easy to drink, with some crystal malts coming through. The crystal malt is of the darker variety and it tastes like a burnt caramel.

Mouthfeel: Smooth and very oatmeal-ey.

Worth a try?: I love this beer. Its so easy to drink and I could see “accidentally” putting back 4 or 5 of these. On another note, I bought an 18-pack sampler from highland brewing and this is the only beer I’m reviewing. I absolutely love this brewery and everything they make, I just didn’t feel like typing up a bunch of reviews… bottom line, buy highland when they are available.




­­

No comments:

Post a Comment